If you own Trombone Champ on the Nintendo Switch™, you should receive update v1.21A today. You can tell if the new update is applied if you see “1.21” in the lower-left-hand corner of the title screen.
This patch doesn’t add anything mindblowing: it mostly focuses on fixing the biggest issues we’ve found since launch. Apologies for any inconvenience these issues caused!
- When attempting to beat the final boss, you should no longer get stuck on a black screen if you fail to meet the conditions required to beat the boss.
- When playing with more than one player, you should now receive the correct letter grades in the Track Select screen. Previously, the game would use the combined point total, making it far too easy to get S ranks.
- The first time you first arrive at the Track Select screen and “Warm Up” is your only option, you can no longer press X to sort tracks.
- Several minor bugs that could appear when switching between save slots should now be fixed.
- Added two new tracks: “Down By The Riverside” and “The Barber of Seville.” This means that the Nintendo Switch™ version now has all of the tracks included in the PC and Mac versions.
- In multiplayer, the indicators for players 2, 3, and 4 have been adjusted so that it’s easier to see the position of all players.
- The light bloom effect when reaching Champ mode has been replaced with a new, more visible effect. The previous effect was causing framerate drops and wasn’t rendering as expected.
- The system that controls note timing (specifically, missing gaps between notes) has been updated to match the PC version. It should now be much easier to maintain combos when there are lots of short notes that are close together.
- The game should now prompt you to connect a controller shortly after launching, instead of at the dark “Trombone Champ” title screen.
- The score graph on the Points screen should display more accurate information when playing multiplayer.
- Some timers have been adjusted to prevent animation issues from occurring when the user mashes buttons.
- Hover states adjusted for the “Long Trombone” and “Rainbow” buttons on the character select screen, making them much easier to navigate with a controller.
- When a secret NPC asks you for cards, the display of the cards should look more normal if you have 0 of those cards.
- Now, you cannot view a track’s online leaderboards until you have at least one score for that track.
- The controller should no longer vibrate when pressing ZR after you’ve finished opening a chest.
- Some text issues in card language have been fixed.
- Various other tiny improvements, bugfixes, and optimizations.
We’re already working on our next update! This should hopefully feature:
- More control settings, such as the ability to set smoothing for each control type. We are also experimenting with an alternate method for stick control.
- The Trombone Customizer, which is already in the PC and Mac versions. This allows you to completely customize your trombone, choosing its colors and textures manually.
- New content, which is currently a secret.
- Additional bugfixes and improvements!